Tuesday, January 18, 2011

catching up

First of all, if anyone reading this can recommend a site for online blog training/education, please leave a comment.  I am hoping to move towards a journaling / scrapbooking type of blog incorporating photos etc...

Finished the mohawk hats - great pattern, just finished a third hat for the girl next door.  Will probably make a few more for the kids of co-workers too.

Started the Wendy Johnson Heart to Heart socks for myself for Valentines Day.  Have about 3" done on one.  Tough charts!  This aging thing is for the birds - I couldn't read the charts! I usually copy row by row onto index cards to make it easier when I take the project out of my house.  It was quite the photocopier project.

1/3 done with the Encompass cowl.  Love it but don't love the Bernat Roving I am doing it in.  May frog this one and use the yarn for another hat.

Court has been put off for two months for DD.  Both Eric and I received summons' to appear for the prosecution.  I told him he and our attorneys just have to find a way to get me out of testifying.  I can't do it.  Yup the kid is a mess up and has done me and her father wrong in a huge way but while I believe she needs to pay for her actions, and be responsible and accountable I can't bear the notion of saying "my daughter is in jail".  We live in Massachusetts, home of pretty tough gun laws.  Her "mother' wants her to go to jail and to learn her lesson, I'm just not sure if she needs to learn those kind of lessons.  Clearly the kid psychological issues (bipolar I, ADHD, and so on) along with a female disorder that would certainly rock anyones world (MRKH - look it up) I don't know that prison is going to help her.  I just don't know.

Happy Tuesday - stay dry!

No comments: